What is the Divemaster certification about?
Divemaster is the first professional level in recreational diving. After achieving this level you will be authorized to guide certified divers, assist instructors teaching courses and conduct some diving and snorkeling programs by yourself.
What is the Divemaster training about?
During your training you will practice all the necessary areas that will make you a good professional.
• Classroom theory.
• Practical application.
• Divemaster conducted programs.
• Water skill development.
• Practical assessment.
How long does the training take?
As you arrive as a Rescue Diver your training will take 4 weeks.
When does the program start?
The program program starts on the 1st and 15th of every month with some flexibility for your schedule or airlines, etc.
What are the prerequisites?
• 18 years old.
• Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months.
• 40 logged dives.
• Rescue Diver.
• EFR training within 24 months
What is the price?
• The 4 week program cost 1690 US$ or 32.110 pesos.
• PADI training materials and fees are 290 US$ or 5.510 pesos.
• For a total of 1980 US$ or 37.620 pesos.
Your PADI annual membership fee (150 US$) is not included in the price and you will need to pay it to PADI at the moment of your Divemaster certification.
What is included in the training program price?
• Divemaster course.
• All PADI training materials.
• Basic accommodation in our Blue Magic Hostel in a shared bedroom.
• Use of basic dive equipment if you do not have your own.
• Unlimited diving during your training. We train 6 days per week, one day off per week.
• Reduced prices for dive specialties.
• Lots of fun.
What is NOT included in the training program price? Those are MANDATORY items for your training.
• DSMB and reel.
• Dive computer.
• Dive insurance. We recommend DAN insurance. You can hire it following this link: https://apps.dan.org/join-dan/
• Medical clearance for diving by a physician.
Cozumel is part of the fourth biggest coral reef in the world, the Great Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, and it’s considered you have the healthiest coral in all the Caribbean. That attracts lots of marine life including shark, turtles, rays, etc.
The strong currents give Cozumel challenging conditions that make it ideal to become a dive professional, so they will give you more skill, knowledge and ability to perform the Divemaster duties.
Cozumel is one of the main world diving destinations so the diving industry is very developed offering job opportunities for diving professionals.
What we need from you?
• When are you planning on arriving in Cozumel to start your training?
• How many logged dives do you have?
2 Norte #201 Centro
Lunes – Domingo 8.00 – 17.00